Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Hair Shedding has Started



I am 10 days post my first chemo, and my hair has begun shedding today. I toke up with a tingly and tender scalp this morning. Every pass through of my hand in my hair yields strands of hair. It's not clumps yet.  From what I have read, I know that the hair loss will be rapid from this point forward. When the shedding gets worse in a few days, I will shave it. I haven't showered yet this morning, and I'm a little nervous to see how much hair will come out when I wash it. Besides the hair, I have been feeling great, and pretty normal. I am drinking coffee again this morning with my husband, and it tastes fine. I still have aversions to all the fresh fruits and veggies I was eating before chemo. I am still hydrating well and drinking a lot of water, but I know I need to be eating better, and cut down on my carbs.  My daily walks have stopped because I have been tired, but I really need to push to do them again, as exercise is very important during treatment.  I am nervously anticipating my next round of chemo..just 11 days away. Even though I am nervous about it, I am up for the challenge of better staving off nausea. I want to get some peppermints and ginger candies. before the big day. The second I get home next time I am going to take a compazine even before the nausea starts, and if I feel some creeping in, I will take an ativan. I will use the candies to calm my tummy as well as munch on saltines, ice chips, and drink ginger-ale.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete