Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Feeling mostly normal, but not.....

It's been six days since my first AC chemo.  I was dizzy the last 2 days, but I feel better. I still have a cloud of fatigue hanging over me.  My taste buds are messing with me, and I can no longer enjoy my morning cup of coffee.  It just doesn't taste good anymore. I am currently drinking a mug of hot tea, and it's delicious. My first chemo was a pretty traumatic experience for me. I am already fearfully anticipating round two. I need to go into it with a positive mind set. I know it is killing my cancer, but I am so very afraid of the debilitating nausea. I can handle the fatigue, but the nausea was oh so terrible. if I can jsut get the nausea at bay next time, it wont be so bad.

My husband and kids really stepped up and helped so much when I was down and out. I was able to focus on healing and had a very peaceful time. I know I can get through this. I know it's not easy, but I only have THREE more AC chemos to go. I hear the 12 weekly sessions of taxol wont be as brutal.


As far as other side effects, I haven't had mouth sores, but the inside of my mouth feels strange, and smoother than normal. I am not eating as healthy as I did pre chemo, because I want nothing to do with the many high fiber and nutritious fruits and veggies I usually enjoy.  I simply don't want them.  I was craving lots of carbs on steroids, but now I am craving lots of creamy dairy foods. I am still managing to stay well hydrated and drink tons of water.

I go in today for my weekly blood work to check my blood count. Hopefully it's good so I wont have to get the Neulasta shot that can cause lots of bone pain.

I had forgot to mention my hair cit. one week ago, before chemo started my good friend Carrie Cook came over to cut my hair. She is a fantastic hair stylist  and colorist in the Pittsburgh area, and works at a salon called Isle of You Hair Color Studio. Check them out!

I had her give me a really short cut, that I simply Adore!! Short hair isn't really me, but what she did is lessening the blow if it being gone soon. It should start to fall out next week.  This short cut also makes me realize I can rock a short style when it starts growing again.

Here are my before and after shots, as well as some other pics.











No comments:

Post a Comment