Monday, September 25, 2017

GOOD BYE Head Scarves!!!

WoW. A LOT can change in 10 days! It was ten days ago  (09/15/17) that I posted about my hair growing, and that I thought it would be a few months before I felt comfortable enough going out in public without a head scarf. My hair has thicken up quite a bit since then, and yesterday was the FIRST day I felt confident enough to go out in public without a head covering.





It felt so wonderful!! It felt so nice and COOL as well! I was happy to not have my ears half covered.  I think one of the reasons I was able to do this because my hair is actually long enough now to put a part in it and  have somewhat of a style to it. Even if that style is parted and brushed to the side flat against my head, I'll take it!! It is very hard to brush, and I have to use a (clean) soft bristled Toothbrush in order to make the hair go where I want it. It works though, and doing SOMETHING with  it gave me such a confidence boost!! The growth has really taken off, and I think it will grow even faster and thicker once I finish chemo this week.  It's still thinner on top, but that thinness is decreasing day by day.

I think another thing that helped me be more confident and not look sick is the fact that I drew on my eyebrows, and wore mascara and eyeliner.  Doing up my eyes, even as simple as I did, really made my face appear more normal, and helped me feel good about myself.

I never expected to have hair growth while on chemo, but I have heard it can happen on Taxol, especially weekly Taxol since the weekly infusions are given at a lower dose than the one every three weeks.

As far as the color goes. I used to have medium brown hair before I colored it all the time. Then, I was a redhead from 2002 until I lost my hair this year. Now, I have some white hair but overall it looks like a dark gray. Is that what salt and pepper hair is? I don't know. I actually like the color, but CANNOT WAIT to be a redhead again!!

SO, what a week, no more headscarves, and chemo ending in TWO DAYS!! I really feel like I am turning a corner.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment