Wednesday, September 20, 2017

2nd to last Chemo. ONE. MORE. TO. GO!!


This is a pic of the Taxol IV bag of chemo I get every week. I am so excited that I will only get one more of these.  My LAST chemo is NEXT WEEK!!! I cannot even describe how excited I am for this phase to be OVER!!. I am extremely lucky that I was able to get every chemo on time. I have tolerated it very well according to the medical staff. .  While I get homeopathy pains all over my body and have some pain in my fingertips, the numbness has not spread beyond my feet. It can be permanent, but I do hope it goes away. I took a long nap after chemo today. I napped from 2:30 until my girls cam home a little after 3:30. I do that often. Usually on chemo days I am so tired and my head is swimming from the pre-meds of Decadron, a steroid, and Benedryl to prevent allergic reactions to the chemo.  I usually have a hard time talking and forget and slur my words. I definitely can't drive afterwards.  I thank the Gods that my Mom has driven me to chemo EVERY WEEK since my second one!!! Some people have no problems driving, and I don't if I take oral benedryl, but when I get it through my IV, it effects me differently. Plus, it has been so nice to have someone there with me. my brother comes along sometimes too. He was there today. It makes it go so much faster with them being there with me.  

 I saw my oncologist today, and she said she feels shrinkage and softening in my tumor. For most of chemo, i personally haven't found any shrinkage or changes until about a week ago. It does feel a little smaller to me, but the difference is so subtle that I am questioning if it's really smaller or my imagination. I will definitely leave that determination up to technology & the experts.   I will be having an MRI that my surgeon will order after I see her. 


I had my appointment with the cancer genetics counselor yesterday. It was very informative, and easy. I gave a saliva sample for the genetic testing, and results will be back in 1-2 weeks.  The counselor is pretty sure that results will be back before I go see the surgeon on Oct 4th. 


So, things are moving along now. I am eagerly counting down the days until I can stop feeling sluggish, tired, poisoned,  and like my body is betraying me. Soon, I can stop feeling like I'm not even in my own body.  exhausted, in pain, puffy, and seeing someone else in the mirror. Then, it's only a matter of time until I can START feeling energy return, my immune system improve, my metal mouth go away, and my digestive problems fade. In due time my baby hair will begin to grow back faster and thicker, my moon face return to it's normal contours, and the woman staring back at me in the mirror will resemble the Kelly that looked in the mirror six months ago. After chemo, these things may take a while as my body takes time to bounce back from surgery and radiation, but they will happen. I know I wont return to exactly who I was both mentally and physically before my Diagnosis in March. I know that the early menopause via meds or ovary removal, and the years of anti-estrogens I will be on are not without their side-effects, but I will learn to like the new me, and be grateful there IS a new me alive and kicking!!!   ENDING chemo takes me so much closer to a NEW me and a NEW normal that I will love and be grateful for. 


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment